Facilities and Equipment Manager
Nourishing Hope is looking for a Facilities and Equipment Manager.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
The Facilities and Equipment Manager is responsible for managing multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for all Nourishing Hope facilities and equipment by performing the following essential job functions personally or through outside contractors. This is an onsite position and the work schedule of the Facilities and Equipment Manager must be flexible in order to monitor requests, contractors, and handle emergencies. Additionally, the Facilities and Equipment Manager is to assure that response regarding problems or requests for service is handled as expeditiously as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities across all Nourishing Hope sites including but not limited to creating a needs assessment process, developing and implementing preventive maintenance schedules, creating and maintaining facility inventory and managing vendors.
- Performs maintenance and repair work as identified (such as handy work and minor equipment repairs); evaluates when to assign to vendors.
- Schedules, coordinates, and/or oversees repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress and upon completion to ensure repairs and maintenance meet quality standards; identifies problem areas and solutions and directs remedial action.
- Manage all facility emergencies including being on-call.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are in proper working order and ready for regular business and special events such as board meetings, all-staff meetings, etc.
- Manages service/repair requests and ensures problems are resolved quickly.
- Maintains files of facilities and equipment documents including but not limited to service agreements/contracts, building drawings, warranties, records, licenses, inspections, maintenance schedules, and emergency plans.
- Maintains inventory of necessary supplies, tools and equipment; reorders as needed.
- Provides recommendations for new vendors, and purchases of new equipment.
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Acts as liaison between employees and any outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems.
- Coordinates and implements safety and security processes and procedures including but not limited to security systems, emergency plans, and building access to ensure safe and secure facilities.
- Participates in the development, implementation and monitoring of facility, maintenance and space planning goals, objectives and budgets as well as policies and procedures.
- Inspects and evaluates buildings, grounds and equipment; identifying, recommending and implementing necessary changes.
- Ensures compliance with building, county and state codes and regulations.
- Applies, or assists with application, for required permits.
- Collaborates with leadership to prepare and implement the budget.
- Participates on the internal Workplace Safety Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent required.
- 3+ years work experience in facilities management and/or maintenance required.
- Knowledge of services, materials and activities related to the maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
- Ability to quickly learn the equipment and facilities to be maintained and understand written directions in manuals and on manufacturer websites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record; traveling between Nourishing Hope locations is required.
- Must be able to be the on-call facilities emergency contact and able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to assemble furniture and perform basic maintenance and minor repairs such as painting, and drywall repairs.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; able to work cooperatively with all levels of staff, guests, contractors and vendors.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, and ability to exercise good judgment to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively plan and organize work to meet changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required to complete and maintain basic records.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
Nourishing Hope requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster (when eligible). Job offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination or proof of medical/religious exemptions.
No calls please!
Get The Latest!
Stay up-to-date with the most current activities & events at Nourishing Hope.
Nourishing Hope Exists Because of the Support of Our Neighbors.
With multiple food distribution programs that deliver the equivalent of 4 million meals each year, plus thousands of social service visits that empower healthy lives, Nourishing Hope strives to build a brighter future for all Chicagoans. Join us today!