Nourishing Hope is looking for a Hybrid Driver.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
The Hybrid Driver is responsible for operating a 26-foot commercial vehicle and utilizing our company vans for delivering food donations/pickups for Nourishing Hope while ensuring a high level of customer service to donors and partners. The Hybrid Driver will spend their time navigating between our Nourishing Hope sites as well as partner locations for drop off and pick up of food.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate a commercial truck and van to pick up and deliver to Nourishing Hope locations around the Chicagoland area in an efficient, timely and safe manner.
- Operate vehicles according to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain, load and unload food pallets, weighing up to 1000 pounds using electric pallet jacks.
- Maintain, load and unload in-kind donations in cargo vans, up to 100 pounds regularly, using manual carts and dollies.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of assigned vehicles: ensure that all pre-trip and post-trip vehicle maintenance and safety checklists are completed daily. Report any issues to the manager immediately.
- Assess and perform basic truck maintenance and/or report any routine maintenance issues.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records of all pickup and delivery transactions, and enter transactions into our database of in-kind donors.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Proven driving experience and certification required:
- 1-2 Years of Class C vehicle major city driving experience, preferably in the Chicagoland area.
- Valid State of Illinois Commercial Driver’s License-Class C
- Clean driving record for past three years
- Ability to and/or willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment, as well as a basic understanding of truck maintenance and upkeep.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for coordination with donors, staff and partner agencies.
- Ability to obtain and maintain food service sanitation certification.
- Ability to lift/move a minimum of 100 pounds of food between equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to move pallets of food weighing up to 1,000 pounds with an electric pallet jack.
- Submit to periodic substance/drug screening based on a random unannounced selection process required by IL DOT.
- Ability to climb and move in and out between equipment and vehicles.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
Nourishing Hope requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster (when eligible). Job offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination or proof of medical/religious exemptions.
No calls please!
Nourishing Hope Exists Because of the Support of Our Neighbors.
With multiple food distribution programs that deliver more than 2.8 million pounds of food to our neighbors each year and social services that help clients achieve independence, Nourishing Hope aims to end hunger for good. Make your impact today!