Temporary Home Delivery Assistant
Nourishing Hope is looking for a Temporary Home Delivery Assistant.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
The Temporary Home Delivery Assistant oversees and ensures a fair and organized system for food distribution. They serve as a liaison for all pantry clients and assist in supervising all aspects of procurement, storage and distribution of goods. This position primarily works out of the Hub location (5151 N. Ravenswood) Tuesdays 9:30am-5:30pm, Wednesdays 8:00am-4:00pm, Fridays 9:30am-5:30pm, and Saturdays 8:00am-4:00pm. This position will be supporting our Home Delivery Program.
Essential Job Functions
- Within a culture of great respect for our clients, distribute food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- Collect and store food according to pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- In partnership with Food Acquisition Specialists, manage ongoing food donor relationships.
- Manage inventory and relationships with The Greater Chicago Food Depository, U.S.D.A., F.E.M.A and other partners.
- Maintain pantry site sanitation that meets or exceeds government and monitoring agencies’ standards.
- Train and supervise volunteers to assist with food distribution.
- Produce necessary reports required by supervisor, donors, and government agencies.
- Create and track benchmarks of the program’s success, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Act as an ambassador for the mission of Nourishing Hope to the larger community.
- High School Diploma or strong work history
- 1- 2 years’ experience in a service environment.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 40 occasionally.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to drive a cargo van preferred; access to a car a plus
- Familiarity with issues that are common among the population served including, but not limited to, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, mental and physical disability, and the elderly.
- Ability to obtain and maintain food service sanitation certification in accordance with municipal and state laws.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to use and maintain Salesforce client database.
- Ability to handle an occasional volatile situation calmly, professionally and respectfully. Experience in Non-violent Crisis Intervention techniques is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights.
Nourishing Hope requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster (when eligible). Job offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination or proof of medical/religious exemptions.
No calls please!
Nourishing Hope Exists Because of the Support of Our Neighbors.
With multiple food distribution programs that deliver more than 2.8 million pounds of food to our neighbors each year and social services that help clients achieve independence, Nourishing Hope aims to end hunger for good. Make your impact today!