Van Driver (Part-Time)
Nourishing Hope is looking for a Van Driver (Part-Time).
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
This part-time position will be responsible for picking up food donations from grocery stores and other donors and assisting warehouse coordinators as needed.
Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Saturdays 8:00-4:00; additional hours can be worked around an applicant’s schedule but will be mostly daytime hours (between 7:30am and 5pm).
Essential Job Functions
- Operate a cargo van to pick up and deliver to Nourishing Hope locations in an efficient, timely and safe manner. Operate vehicle according to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Load and unload in-kind donations in cargo van, lifting up to 50 pounds regularly and 100 pounds occasionally, using manual carts and dollies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records of all pickup and delivery transactions, and enter transactions into our database of in-kind donors.
- Evaluate the suitability of donated products for distribution at Nourishing Hope, through established guidelines of safe food handling.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles: ensure that all pre-trip and post-trip vehicle maintenance and safety checklists are completed daily. Report any issues to the manager immediately.
- Assist warehouse coordinators with operations at various sites including:
- Using a pallet stacker, load and unload trucks
- Stack and wrap pallets
- Move and organize pallets and boxes of food
- Lead and teach volunteers in completing tasks.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to drive a van. Experience driving a cargo van and operating a pallet jack are helpful but not required.
- Six months cumulative experience in retail, warehouse, logistics, delivery, food service, or social service environment.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally and 50 pounds frequently. This is a physical job that requires lifting, moving, bending over, and being on your feet for large portions of the day.
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to lead small groups of people and teach them new tasks
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Nourishing Hope requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including a booster (when eligible). Job offers are contingent upon proof of full vaccination or proof of medical/religious exemptions.
No calls please!
Get The Latest!
Stay up-to-date with the most current activities & events at Nourishing Hope.
Nourishing Hope Exists Because of the Support of Our Neighbors.
With multiple food distribution programs that deliver more than 2.8 million pounds of food to our neighbors each year and social services that help clients achieve independence, Nourishing Hope aims to end hunger for good. Make your impact today!