Donate Foods, Goods or Services
Nourishing Hope accepts in-kind donations of:
- Food — unopened, unexpired, non-perishable food
- Goods: Personal hygiene, bathroom supplies, and cleaning supplies — new and unopened
All donations are tax-deductible. We greatly appreciate your support!
Current Most Needed Items
- Jams & jellies
- Canned beans
- Diapers: baby and adult (especially larger sizes)
- Shampoo and lotion
Canned goods with pop tops are especially valuable to us! Pop tops are helpful for those who are experiencing homelessness or otherwise don’t have access to a full kitchen.
Goods & Food Donation Drop-off Information
If you would like to make an in-kind donation, you can bring donations to The Hub:
Nourishing Hope — The Hub:
5151 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60640
Drop off hours are Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm and Saturday from 11am – 2:30pm.
For more information about in-kind donations, please contact Matt Tropp.
Plus, if your garden is overflowing with more produce than you can keep up with, donate your extra fruits and veggies and we’ll get them to neighbors who could use a little extra help. No donation is too small! You can sign up through the Fresh Food Connect app to track your garden donations to Nourishing Hope.
Large cases of shelf stable items (like those available at Costco) are especially valuable to us. In addition to our most needed items at the top of this page, we are grateful for donations of the following:
For our programs:
- Clean, empty egg cartons in dozen size
- Printing services
- Offsite dry and cold storage
- Office supplies
- IT services
- Handyman services
- Gasoline cards
- Car washes
For our guests:
- CTA cards
- Dental services
- Vision services
- Menstruation products
- Incontinence products
Items We Cannot Accept
For safety reasons, we cannot accept certain items (ex: produce, refrigerated and frozen items) from individuals. We also cannot accept food that is hot, catered, or cooked leftovers unless it is completely sealed with an ingredient list and expiration date visible.
However, please note that if you represent a business or store, we can accommodate donations of perishable items – for more information please see “Large Food Donations from Businesses” below.
Here is the list of items that are not accepted:
- Hot, catered, or cooked leftovers
- Food that is expired
- Food containers that are opened
- Cribs, strollers, playpens, car seats and other infant equipment
- Medication – both prescription and over the counter
- Non-standard infant formula – including prescription-only, premature infants, lactose free, and added rice formulas
- Stuffed animals
- Bedding – pillows, sheets, blankets, and/or sleeping bags
- Household items such as books, kitchen supplies, appliances, decorations, etc.
Large Food Donations from Businesses
Nourishing Hope accepts large food donations from grocers, packers and producers. There are many benefits involved including:
- Tax benefits
- Publicity on our social media channels and in our e-newsletters
- Reduction in garbage and waste
- Your excess inventory goes toward a great cause!
We are able to make arrangements to pick up large food donations. We are also able to provide reports on your giving as often as needed. If you have any questions regarding making a large food donation, please contact Matt Tropp.
Nourishing Hope Exists Because of the Support of Our Neighbors.
With multiple food distribution programs that deliver the equivalent of 4 million meals each year, plus thousands of social service visits that empower healthy lives, Nourishing Hope strives to build a brighter future for all Chicagoans. Join us today!